Originally Posted by northern_dave
Very cool.

Yeah, I'd do the same. A major cleaning/detailing. I'd run OEM hub caps, thin white walls, I'd invest in a new set of those fingerhut type clear plastic seat covers too.

I'd replace what ever seals and gaskets that have shrunk or cracked. Drain fluids from the back to the front, refresh with new. Including the brakes which may or may not need some attention. These old wheel cylinder drum brakes like a little action now and then to keep things working well.

You may just want to get 4 chunks of 1/4" hose about 15" long and 4 empty containers, ice cream buckets, empty coffee cans, what ever. Take the lid off the master, top it off then crack the bleeders. slip the hoses over the bleeders and let them drain into the containers. just keep adding to the master reservoir so it doesn't go empty.

Get rid of that old brown fluid.

Try to run premium fuel in it, avoid ethanol as much as you can.

Be careful buffing the paint. If you bring it to a detailer or a body shop, ask if they are going to take film thickness measurements before they start buffing/polishing. Even if they lie to you or shake their head yes without even knowing what a film thickness gauge is.... It at least clues them in as to how particular you are.

67 fast back is a nice body style. A subtle departure from 66 with a slicker roof line, some muscle bulge to the quarters and it's still got stacked headlights. (which is good)

They can look very nice with a sporty set of wheels and tires too, but there is always time for that in the future.

I'd hold hard to that preservation line if I were you.

Price wise, I can't disagree with Tom. Give or take based on details and condition.

Something you might find interesting is that 67 was a big step forward in safety advancements. Collapsible steering columns, better belts, that big goofy padded center in the steering wheel... neat stuff.

Sleepers are the way to go. I am a Ford man from way back and have always built sleepers. The last one I built was a 64 2 door fairlane with a Windsor and a set of Ford GT heads from Ford Factory performance themselves. I went mild on the Cam Grind just as this gentleman is looking at and I'll tell you what...this thing was FAST!

Little known secret to share...contact Ford and ask about what they have stashed away in the way of Factory Designed Performance Parts for the Engine you are putting together. You may be very very surprised!

When I no longer have the right to protect my own person or property...my person and property have become public property in common.