Originally Posted by BC30cal
Dave;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully this finds you and your fine family well.

In my hot rodding days a buddy had a '69 with a 302 in it - I want to say it was a Mach I, but can't recall exactly now.

It had a shaker hood and rear spoiler - and my goodness did it move. cool

While I was never really a Ford guy - even though I ended up owning a few of their pickup - the 69 Mustang is my personal favorite.

Even though I might not comment all the time Dave, this is one I'll be watching as it goes on.

Thanks for taking the time to take the photos and post by the way, I really enjoy your "build" threads immensely.

All the best to you and yours Dave.

Dwayne

BC30cal, I also thoroughly enjoy reading Dave's posts. I hope he never stops posting. He is of the same breed and kindred spirit to my younger brother who has built many muscle cars and trucks from the ground up, like Dave. The last car my brother rebuilt was '69 350 Camaro, built Pro-Touring style from the ground up. IMHO, these are the class of the class, if you're not restoring to spec.

Dave has forgot more than I will ever know, but I believe the '69 Mustang 302 you are speaking of could be the Boss 302. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly stand corrected. IIRC, it was the direct competition to the '69 Z28 with the 302 motor.

A limited number of the Z28's were fitted with the 350 small block motor. In the words of my hot rodder/drag car buddy across the street about the '69 Camaros in general, as he paces around shaking his head:
"one of the most sought after cars on the face of the earth".

He runs a '66 Nova drag car with a built to the hilt 350. It is a beast.

I was blessed to own a '68 SS with a 350 small block back in the day. It was a beauty, possibly now costing 100 times the price we paid in 1972, depending on which auction you may see one in. Aging myself here..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH