Yeah, as I mentioned in my previous post, ammo availability is often very much a local deal, whether in another country or even in different parts of the same country.

As an example, there's no problem taking a 7x57 or 9.3x62 to South Africa, for instance, because ammo for both is common in stores. You can even find both in some stores in larger towns in my part of Montana, but in eastern Montana (which has been losing population for a while now, and never had many large towns in the first place) you'd be out of luck. You're not going to find much .375 H&H ammo in small country stores anywhere in Montana, but you will in Alaska.

One of the things I try to do when traveling is go to at least one local sporting goods store, and is possible 2-3, just to see what's available, and not just ammo. This can be very interesting and even surprising. The very first place I ever found a box of Swift A-Frame .416 bullets (not loaded ammo!) on a store shelf in Bergen, Norway! Also found far more .308 Winchester than 6.5x55 rifles both in stores and in the hands of local hunters while there.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck