Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Kodiakisland,

So you've never known anybody whose ammo got separated from their rifle on a trip. This just indicates you and your friends/acquaintances don't travel all that much. While the odds are with somebody who doesn't travel much, that doesn't mean it can't happen on their very first trip--and no, it usually isn't their fault.

MD,
By the same logic, you must not travel much either if it hasn't happened to you, and I know that's not the case. Luck, odds, planning, it all goes into it. I've been at camps where people showed up without their ammo and it was completely preventable. As I said, I know it happens. I just don't let the worry of what might happen control what I do. Sounds like you don't either. In fact, you're sending very mixed signals about the whole thing. Talking about how important traveling with a standard chambering is, and then not doing it yourself. Talking about how likely it is you will be separated from your ammo, and then admitting it's never happened to you.

I know it's good advice to shoot the most plain jane, common round available where ever you go, and I'm sure most people do just that. I guess I'm just too hard headed to listen to logic. Sounds as though I'm not the only one either.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.