Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Kodiakisland,

Yeah, taking a rifle chambered in a common cartridge never seems important--until it happens.

It's never happened to me, even on an international trip, but I have lost count of the people who've been on the same trip, or are hunting from the same camp, that it's happened to.

Have even seen it right here in Montana. Two buddies and I drove to eastern Montana to hunt, and in the process of consolidating our stuff in one vehicle, a small ammo bag got shoved under the front seat of another pickup while somebody was taking out something else. Luckily all it contained was .30-06 and 12-gauge, and it was easy to resupply in nearest small town. .280 and 16-gauge would probably have been a different story.

Of all people to lecture about using a commonly available cartridge. You carried your 9.3x62 to hunt moose in Canada,you carried a 257 Roberts all over the west,and you let your wife carry a combination gun in a 9mm oddball cartridge that no longer really exists. Just what is your latest drilling chambered for anyway? I heard you sold the one in 12 gauge and 30-06.

But the 280 is just too oddball to fool with? Somewhere a pot has offended a kettle about ethnicity. grin