Good evening gentlemen.

I am Gramps2 and I can not believe that this post has been going on for so long. I am the old fart that posted my problems that I was experiencing with the 85. My initial post was on 4/24/12, and I was not a happy camper. My Sako 85 Finnlight in .270 Win was doing all the bad things that have been brought up in this almost 5 year post. I guess I was one of the lucky individuals who got Beretta to refund the purchase price of the piece. I have always had a fondness for Sako rifles, and I had never had a bad experience with older twin lug rifles. I was looking for a lighter rifle than my older heavier Sako's. Some campers had problems like myself, while others never had any problems. After studying the rifle I came up with the following diagnosis. 1. In making a 3 lug bolt that was very slick and trying for controlled round feeding, they went off course in what could have been a very nice rifle. 2. The positioning of the ejector at 6:00 was a huge design flaw. Plus the fact that the extractor spring needed to be stronger. 3. You should not have to mount a scope sky high to get proper extraction and ejection. If a cut had been made in the left locking lug that allowed for a 9:00 fixed blade ejector that would kick the fired brass out at right angle, it would never fail to eject. I for one do not believe these problems would exist if my simple cures were followed. I am not trying to take anything away from the 85's and I am a Sako man at heart, but a recall should have been sent out to correct this problem, and a redesigned 85 should be in the works.

Good night to all,
G2