Mine is still working without fail. M-sized action chambered 9.3x62. No matter how hard I pull the extracted case back into the ejector, the case cannot push through and defeat the spring tension grip of the extractor claw to slip out and go straight up into the scope. The claw maintains its grip and the case flips out in the direction of the claw's position on the bolt face. If I were to stick and bind the case into the chamber, I suspect that the extractor claw would have enough grip on the case head to rip off a huge chunk of the case.

As a result, I've been greatly pleased with this design using three 85s chambered in 338, 375, and now this 9.3x62. All three ran without fail straight from the box, with this later 9.3x62 being about as close to perfect tune as it gets. I'd suspect spring tension of the extractor claw, if using spec cases and the ejector is able to over power the claw grip and push the case through the claw and straight up. This may not be the spring at all, but could be a gummed up claw and spring in need of cleaning and oil. If it is a weak spring, then a stiffer spring should result in a stronger grasp of the claw. Even on a perfected 98 Mauser, if the full length extractor was out of proper tension, the performance could suffer.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood