Folks, sorry to bring back an old post... but I think I found the solution (at least for me) for the Sako 85 ejection problems.

As I posted earlier, my Sako 85 in 30-06 was having problems ejecting empty brass. Not only it hits the botton of the scope (mostly the right turret), but sometimes when extracting the extractor slipped on brass rim and left the brass on top of the magazine, freely.

Well, I decided to try a couple things and not being a machinest or having any machine at all (lathe, grind etc), I ordered a couple of Sako style extractors from Tubb, Harris and PTG, along with a set of extra power extractor springs of Gre Tan.

Well, after messing with the extractors I bought, I decided no one would fit or work on Sako bolt without length and carefull work on machines that I dont have.
So, I took a look of that little transparent plastic bag with the extra power springs I bought to use with the new extractors and tought: Why not try?

I took one of the springs and compared with the Sako original spring and noticed that the Gre Tan springs are much longer... may be 3 turns of spring longer.
Also, they seemed much more stronger.

I tried to install the Gre Tan spring but it is a little longer and even compressing it, there will be about hair of the extractor pin that will not go inside the pin hole to allow the original Sako extractor to fit its place.

So, I carefully tried to cut one turn of the coin (I realized I ended up cutting 2 turns, as you can see on the photo bellow. Later I used another spring and cut only one turn) to allow it to fit completely inside its hole on the bolt.

[Linked Image]
Here you can see the original Sako extractor, the extractor pin and (from top to botton), the original Sako extractor spring, the Gre Tan spring with 2 turns cutted and the Gre Tan springs how it came.

Now, it was very easy to just snap everything inside the bolt.
First thing I noticed is that the extractor now has much more pressure against the side of the bolt, what is a good thing.
But the final test is really how it would work ejecting new and used empty brass...

And all I can say is that I was amazed at HOW WELL it works!!!
Every single of the more than 100 empty brass (new, full lenghted resized, fired etc) I put through my Sako 85, ejected 100%!!!

Some of the brass still hit the botton of the scope, but it flyes away from the action! This was not happening before the new spring!

Most of the brass was really ejected, like it had a plunger ejector.
I can move the bolt slow or fast and everything works 100%. Not a single brass (I tried loaded rounds too and it worked perfect) was left inside the action, over the magazine. All of them was spitted out of the action!

Now, I have a 100% functional and beautifull Sako 85 Classic in 30-06 !!!
Kampfeld made some custom touches, so it is a real nice rifle that now works 100%.

I am very happy and spent only about U$10,00 to fix something that Beretta SHOULD had done years ago.

Here it is:

[Linked Image]

And with a McMillan Classic stock I ordered from McMillan, for places where put its beautifull walnut stock is not recomended (someplaces here where the european warthog - sus scrofa - hides...):
[Linked Image]

Here the parts I used:
[Linked Image]

As you can see on the photo above, the Brownells part number for the spring kit is # 309-000-009.

I think that, for the price of the Gre Tan Extended Spring Kit, it is worth to try and see if it works on your rifles too. I hope it works for you!

LRCampos.