rj308,

I wish I had done likewise. I have not even fired my 85 .270 Finnlight and I am having ejection problems with live factory loads and full length sized, trimmed cases. I have sent several e-mails to Beretta, and the only response so far has been to move scope fore and aft. I am using Sako Optilock bases and low rings as noted in previous posts. I finally pushed the Leupold VX3 3.5x10x40 as far forward as possible and that helped with the ejected round hiting the scope. I know my rifle has extractor and ejector problems, as an extracted round hits the left side of the loading port and leaves a nasty gash on the round where it begins to bottle neck down. The faster I work the bolt the deeper the gash. It also leaves an extracted round lying on the magazine follower (usually the last round, but not always) After over 50 years of using all types of weapons, both in the military and civilian life I have determined that my rifle and possibly all 85 Sako's need the following: A MUCH STRONGER EXTRACTOR SPRING THAT WILL HOLD AN EXTRACTED ROUND STRAIGHT AND TIGHT AGAINST BOLT FACE. SECOND, AN EJECTOR THAT HITS EXTRACTED ROUNDS FURTHER LEFT OF CENTER insuring a positive flip to the right. As other campers have stated, the real problem may be Beretta ownership. They do not seem to be concerned with customer satisfaction and quite possibly with quality control.

G2