The sad reality is that i am one of Sako's greatest advocates here, and i have written quite a lot here in support of the 85 design. Even with respect to the pictures on the other thread of the Sako 85 blow up, i would still argue that that rifle clearly behaved in the way that was intended, and the system of gas handling clearly worked.

But i also will make it clear again, i do not own a Sako rifle and i will not own a Sako rifle at this point of time despite having previously been a very proud Sako owner. The reality is Gramps, you have a faulty rifle which should be repaired or replaced. But it won't be. Not unless you take them to court, which is clearly ridiculous to get a rifle replaced. Which of course Beretta knows and i would go so far as to say is part of their calculations. Sako makes faulty products just like everyone else, and as i have already argued, i think the 85 design is always going to be prone to producing rifles that don't work because of the difficulties in tensioning that short extractor. The real problem is that Beretta isn't ever going to fix or replace your faulty rifle. And this is no different to Beretta's behaviour anywhere else in the world with respect to Sako products. It is clearly just part of the company's culture, even policies. If you wish to buy a Sako product, take this into consideration before you hand over your money. Personally, i'd be looking elsewhere instead.

If you need a nice, classy Scandinavian made rifle might i suggest Schultz and Larsen instead. Maybe even a Lynx.

If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums