Originally Posted by Gramps2
Reloader 7RM,

I am sorry to hear that you have the same problem. If you are lucky, you may be able to move your scope fore and aft and may be find a position where it will not hit your scope. I moved my scope and never found a position where it did not hit. I have my fingers crossed hopeing Beretta will find a miracle cure for mine, but I am not holding my breath. To be honest with you I really see no cure except a massive factory recall of long action rifles. The extractor needs a much stronger spring and the fixed ejector needs to be in the 8:00 to 9:00 position, which would require a new bolt with an ejector cut through the left locking lug. Since the 85 has three locking lugs, an ejector cut would not take away from the locking strength of the three lugs. If you look at a pre 75 Sako you will see that they were two lug guns with an ejector cut through the left lug, and fixed ejector at 9:00. As you have probably read, most short action 85 owners don't seem to be experiencing this issue. Puting the ejector at 6:00 on a rifle THAT YOU MUST USE A SCOPE ON then providing you with low Optilock rings to go on your Optilock bases is insuring failure to eject.(I am not going to higher rings) I know that all firearms are subject to some type of failure (usually at the most inopportune time), but I doubt this obvious flaw would have left the factory in Finnland before Beretta ownership of Sako. I will still look for older collectable Sako rifles, but I won't sink any more money in what they offer at this time. Take a good look at yours, and see what I am talking about. If you have an idea of what might solve this issue I would sure be happy to hear it.

Have a good afternoon Reloader,
G2

Will do and I agree, this will be my last Sako. Too many other options to deal with this BS.