Well, I read this whole topic and unfortunately, my Sako 85 Classic in 30-06 caliber have problems in ejecting unloaded brass.

It will hit the scope (Leupold VX-6 2-12X on ExtraLow Optilock rings) everytime.

Once in a while the brass slips the extractor and is left on top of the magazine.

And once in a while the brass ejecting hits the action just bellow the ejection port at right side (the metal betwen the ejection port and the bolt handle), leaving a ding on the beautifull Cerakote finish Kampfeld did for me.

Until now, I have fired it about 80 times and at least on 1/3 or 1/4 of the time, the brass will not eject.

I have to test with a Low ring (mine is ExtraLow optilock), but today I made a few tests with Lapua and Winchester brass.
It seems that the problem is worst on Lapua brass (1/3 to 1/4 of times it fte) than Winchester brass (about 1/10 to 1/15 fte).
Looking closely at the brass I can see that the part where the ejector grabs the brass is bigger on Lapua than Winchester brass...

May be, combined with a weak extractor spring, this plays a big part on the ejector failures.

On my Sako 85 .375 H&H I did not experienced any issues (but I shot it only about 12 times until today).

So, I have a couple of questions:

1- What would be the proper way to disassembly the Extractor on a Sako 85 rifle? Any video?

2- Would a replacement Sako extractor (like Tubb or Harris gunworks) cure these problems, or at least increase realiability?
I measure my Sako extractor and it is 0,209 inches wide.

Thanks for any help,

LRCampos.