Thanks to all for your reply's. I currently have a New(or at least it was) Leupold VXIII 3.5x10x40 sitting in Optilock bases and low rings on the rifle. The scope objective clears the barrel by a little less than 1/2". It's a .270 Win, and that seems to be the worst offending caliber. Sent an e-mail to Beretta tech people yesterday, and plan on calling today. If I send it back I think I will get the same response that SPIWONKA got (a gun that still won't work). Mr. Bennett I do remember discussing this with you and your rifle. I had this same problem on a 75 .308 Win, but I finally found that by changing scopes to a Nikon Monarch 3x9 and pulling the scope as far to the rear as posible and using Leupold Medium QD rings and bases it now works. What really drives me up the wall is that someone in Sako/Beretta QC (if there is such a thing) did not see this before thousands were put on the market. A man with one eye and half sense could see if you put an ejector in the 6:00 position it is going to flip up then may be out. Had the design of these rifles been left to the old Finn rifle makers instead of Beretta marketing azzholes this rifle would have functioned like a Swiss clock. In trying to slick the consumer with a three lug slick bolt throw and cutting away the bottom part of the bolt face for controlled feed (which it isn't) they created this problem. I have never had a single problem with older Sako's. As I have aged, I wanted a lighter rifle, my mistake. I guess the old saying is true, "stick with the one what brung you". Thanks for listening to me vent guys, gonna have some breakfast, then take on Beretta.

G2