Gramps,

My 75 270Win does the same thing. I had never experienced it on the range, so it never crossed my mind. The first time I hunted with it I shot a nice buck at 270yds, he fell down, and tried to get back up. I quickly bolted and the damn thing was jammed!!! The empty fell back in the port and when the next round started fwd, I was in a pickle. I pulled the bolt back to the stop, flipped the rifle upside down and beat on the stock til the empty came out. The buck was done, but had he made tracks, I wouldn't have been able to make a follow up. That was the first time it happened and I had not heard about the issue on the web or from any friends, so I just chalked it up to a freak accident. I didn't use the rifle any more that season, switched to another. The following spring I played with the rifle a good bit and it ejected fine at the range and while in my loading room ejecting empties. I still just chalked it up to a freak accident. That fall I carried it to TX and the same thing happened again. I shot a 10pt chasing a doe, he fell down, and tried to get back up, so I bolted and the damn thing jammed again! That was it for me, it's been sitting in the safe ever since. Need to study it a bit closer to define the problem, but have far too many good rifles on hand to worry with it at this time. I would imagine it's probably hitting the scope as yours is. It wears a 4.5-14x40 VX3 in Talley rings. It's a shame a rifle of this class has these issues.

Looking fwd to seeing what they do to fix yours.

Have a good one,

loder