Originally Posted by 79S
For $1800 bucks one shouldn't have to buy a kit from brownells to fix this problem....

I couldn't agree more. Actually, I was a bit disappointed in this particular rifle for a couple more reasons, too. There was a large patch on the barrel where it appeared that the texture/bead blasting wasn't done very well. I left a very noticeable patch of discoloration. Also, there was a fairly deep tooling mark or scratch in the bore about a half inch in from the muzzle. I realize I probably just got a lemon, but I would expect more from a premium rifle maker. I really liked how the gun fit and I really liked the looks of grey laminate stock, but I just didn't want to mess around with repairs/replacement after that experience.

Contrast that experience with the M70 Extreme Weather I replaced it with and I'm happy with my decision. I realize that the button rifled barrel on the M70 may not last as long, but the gun seems to shoot just as well and I can seat the bullets into the lands if I so desired. Couldn't get anywhere near the lands on the Sako. I can also put whatever super-turret scope I want on the M70 and never have to give a second thought about ejection. Not that I will, but I could...

I still don't doubt at all that the Sako is a very fine rifle, but I did not get a favorable first impression. After reading about all the problems with ejection, even if it's a small percentage, it went against my better judgement to even give the Sako a try. The only reason I did was the dealers insistence that I would be able to return it for a full refund if I was at all unhappy with it. He and I were both disappointed that it didn't work out, but he didn't give me any grief over the return.