dogcatcher223,

I already have a T3 Lite in 30/06, to me it's the best buy out there. OH [bleep], I probably just PO the Savage shooters out there. Well sorry guys. DHG, we will just have to agree we disagree about what true CRF really is. I do agree that a lot is expected of the extractor on an 85 I am certainly glad that your 85 is working fine. Do you have a 75 as well? If you get the chance to look face on at a 75 bolt and an 85 bolt you can see what I refer to as a lower ring of steel on the 75 that captures the case and aides the extractor in holding the case in battery from the time it leaves the mag, through chambering, firing, extraction, and ejection. I have both guns, I am not trying to put down the 85, but if you will compare the two, I think you too will agree that the 75 is a stronger, less prone to problems design. The ejection problem that some 85 owners and some 75 owners are experiencing could have been avoided if the fixed ejector had been left in the 9:00 position as they were on pre 75 models. If you are looking head on at either bolt with ejector cut at bottom, you will see a locking lug on the right. Just above that lug would have been the perfect place for the ejector cut. It would have weakened nothing, and been perfect for a 9:00 position fixed ejector. This was probably caused by a young design engineer wanting to put a feather in his cap with this "NEW SAKO DESIGN". I would almost be willing to bet that older Finn riflemakers were questioning the "new design".

A good day to all,
G2