Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Lassie-not knocking you but 3920 with a 25/06AI and 87's is really out there...either you're toting a 30" plus barrel and or a rubber mallet to pound the bolt open.. wink

What length tube and what is your load data to get a 87 to 3920?

And trust me when I say that I'm not the only one who's gonna call on this one.

Thx
Dober

I am really sorry that you are not as educated as you think you are if you was you would not posted what you did!
But here is your first lesson about wildcats.

1 buy the two books that P O Ackley wrote then you can be as smart as you think you are!
2 buy you a rifle in 25-06 AI and a chronograph and see it for your self as I and many many more have done then you won't be calling me a liar as you are now.
3 with your attitude I really shouldn't be be going to the trouble to even answer your question about it in the first place.
4 get educated before you talk about something you know nothing about this only spreads stupidity I was maybe reloading before you dirtied your first diaper.
some times it is much better to lesson and keep your mouth shut then you have a chance to learn something in your case that is just a very slim maybe!
And the 25-06AI is not a barrel burner that every one thinks it is.

NOW HERE IS THE LOAD FOR 3920 FEET PER SECOND FROM A 25-06AI with 26 inch barrel
87 GRAIN BULLET
IMR 4831 POWDER 65.0 GRAINS
3920 FEET PER SECOND

now if you don't believe me look at
AMMOGUID.COM THIS IS WHERE THIS INFO WAS COPIED FROM
OR ACKLEY'S BOOKS

Now you will hear the 257 Weatherby will beat the 25-06 AI this true too but this is because the 257 has the same size brass as the 7mm remington mag infact you can make 257 brass from the 7mm mag all you have to do neck size it to 25 caliber.
If you want to learn a lot more about guns and ammo PM me. I will be more than glad to give the truth about any of them that I have had personal expirence with.
13 of my 32 rifles I built them myself.
Here is my 1896 mauser 22-250 with Richards Apache thumbhole
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

Last edited by LASSIE; 01/30/10.