Originally Posted by himmelrr
Originally Posted by keith
One thing that should be noted, if all you can comment on is excessive pressure, just shut up...you might learn something from a very experienced wildcatter.

Excessive pressure is what makes rifles come apart. Are you saying it is not important? All else being equal, more pressure = more velocity. I'd say it is important.

Sorry Keith, but there is nothing I want to learn from someone who shoots a 25-06AI to over 3900fps with an 87gr bullet. If LASSIE has pressure tested the load, then he has my apologies because he is doing things intelligently. If he hasn't, well then that is his business and I have no use for his advice.

RH

my 25-06AI has been shooting that very same load for 25 years and I am still here to talk about it so do I know what I am talking about?
I will accept you apology as yes I have checked out every thing in what I do.
From eye wittnessed by me I have seen what an oxengen bottle with only 2,500 pounds pressure in it can do. it completely destroyed the inside of a machine shop and poked holes in the cement block walls.
So don't you think I do respect 50,000 pounds of pressure in my face.
For hot loads I have bought PMC ammo that all of them were completely blowing out the primers. As for all the newer load books I will tell you that you can take any load in any caliber and load hotter than max 2 3 & maybe 4 grains hotter and still be safe. Thats how much all of you are misinformed or uneducated. If you don't believe take one and load it up until it just starts to flaten your primer.
and if all you that are still wet behind the ears would listen to people like

Keith, splattermatic and ackman and even me

you may be a lot smarter pretty quick.
you can not learn when your mouth is running full speed.
remember stop and smell the roses.