himmelrr, thanks for your service to this country, I for one appreciate it.

I think that people's fear of metal fatigue is not well founded in modern bolt action rifles. I can not find one person, or gunsmith that has personal experience with an action blowing up from other than mistaken powders that have been substituted. There are actions that I would not build a wild cat on where I know that pressures are going to be high, however.

I think that it is reasonable to do some research before duplicating internet loads in your rifle and approach them with caution.

Most guys that shoot wild cats will not post loads in a "Wild cat" section like this due to the nay sayers, I know a lot of them. Your comment, "I just get concerned when folks with lots of experience in wildcatting post a load that is way over-book. Some putz is going to try that load in a standard 25-06 and hurt himself" is very well founded. There are contributing factors that lower pressures so that velocities can be reached safely, but the discussion never gets that detailed because that takes a number of experienced wild catters discussing the details on a public forum, they get shot down way too quickly.

I never will forget the first benchrest match that I went to in 1967, there were about 30 guys there, all of them had some kind of non-normal benchrest caliber and rifle they were shooting. It was a format that I have never seen since. These old timers were playing with calibers and guns in such a way that was extremely creative and sharing their ideas in some very constructive ways, then they sat down and tried to out shoot each other. You just do not see that kind of format very often anymore.

I'm really surprised on this board that there are not guys that are talking about the 6mm AI, 22/6mm, 22/243, 17 Predator, and so on and so forth...it's a real shame...knowledge lost forever.