Originally Posted by keith
You guys wanna run your rigs at velocities and pressures above sammi specs. go for it, but don't try and convince everyone that it's acceptable. There have been a number of cases where guns have blown up and the cause was an overcharge of powder. Your justification that it hasn't happened to yo yet doesn't mean it won't. I've personally seen a bolt with cracked lugs from overloading. Luckily caught before somebody had a big accident.

/quote]

Sounds like you would be the firt guy to tell P.O. Ackley he did not know what he was doing. Ever wonder why gun makers have not chambered rifles in Ackley chambers? SAAMI is the answer to that question. I wonder how many hudreds of thousands of actions have an Ackley chamber on them, that shoot over SAAMI spec pressures for the parent cartridge.

No one knows of actions that have blown up with the exception of substitution of the wrong powder that I have first hand knowledge of.

You guys that do not like wild cats, I take it that the only reason that you visit the "Wild Cat" section on this board is argue with people?

You are right Keith we are wasting our time talking to a bunch of experts that know wildcats so well But yet they are afraid of them and they know for serton that we are running over 65,000 pressure with AI cartriges. I don't know about you but I use the same primers as these know it all's do and my primers don't flaten one bit. So I don't know they can explaine that do you? They also belive that all their spanking brand new load manuels are the holy Bible in reloading and even with the max loads being a long ways from max they are still to much of a coward to load one that hot. I really believe if every one had been like these guys we would for sure still be riding horses because none of them are smart enough to think of anything on their own they just wait in line for a blind man to come by and lead them through life you can tell that by the way they post stupid stuff that they have not took the time to get educated about what they are talking about. None of these boy's have a AI rifle of their own but they can sure tell you everything you want to know about it. What a joke! ! ! ! !
I'm sure GLAD we didn't go to the school these boy's did where you don't have to know or learn anything to finish it with flying colors. From what they are telling us I think we had better get some primers that are 2 times thicker so we won't know which shot is going to kill us.
SINCE MY 25-06AI IS SO DANGEROUS I THINK I WILL TRY AND SELL IT TO SOMEONE THAT IS NOT AS SMART AS THESE BOY'S ARE AND BUILD ME A 25-375 WEATHERBY MAG OR A 6MM/300 WIN MAG IT WILL NOT BE NEAR AS DANGEROUS FOR YOU AND I.
FROM WHAT I HAVE LEARNED HERE ON THIS TOPIC I WOULD REALLY BE AFRAID TO BUILD A 223AI NOW IT WILL BLOW UP IN YOUR FACE FOR SURE.
I GUESS AI STANDS FOR (APPROCH WITH IGNORANCE)
KEITH HOW IN THE WORLD COULD YOU AND I HAVE BEEN SO STUPID. I'M GOING BACK TO SHOOTING RABBITS WITH MY 416 RIGBY I KNOW IT'S SAFE