Good post Mark, I have seen some guys do some things that are spectacular in terms of speed with accuracy.

Containing pressure is the case, I had samples of various Brands of brass Rockwell tested, which was a real eye opener. There was a 13% difference in spread between the softest and hardest brands of brass, and a 12 % spread in Hardness in the same lot number of the same brand of brass. Really makes for an eyeopener on reading pressure signs.

I think that the guys that have designed Rem actions have made one whale of a strong action, as proved over the years. I don't think that you or I will live long enough to have one of our actions blow up from metal fatigue.

I have serious misgivings about running hot rod loads through A- Bolts and Ruger 77's, and I have put custom barrels with minimum spec match chambers on these actions, getting spectacular velocity and accuracy, these were not high volume shooters.

Putting wild cats that are stomping on 60,000-65,000 constantly on a falliing block action or a Break open action of any kind is asking for all kinds problems, and I don't think that it is prudent for anyone to do it. I had a friend put a 257 Weatherby on a break open, stretched the frame at the hinge pin creating excessive headspace.

What gets me on this board more than anyother board is the amount of Heckling that goes on. Most board have moderators that nip Heckling in the bud, this board does not...it is really sickening.

Last edited by keith; 02/03/10.