I just read the 264 thread you mentioned Keith, and yeah it was a good one. But, if I mentioned what I had for results in my 25" .270 you think it'd remain as civil... grin

Hey these threads are fun and they're supposed to be that way. By and large we have a really fine group here on the Fire. From time to time they get a bit off course either by hijacking and or someone having a bit of a "tude". But by and large they're fun. (and I know I can be one of the aids in getting threads off course, but I generally try to be civil)

While I've only been loading for rifles for about 39 years and don't have a total wealth of knowledge I do have a bit. And a goodly share (last 22 years or so)of that has been with the "catz" as I've never quite been able to do things like others. I've seen a lot of different rounds (including several 240 PSP barrels which is mucho like a 6AI), I've seen a lot of different barrels and I've seen that a lot of people go about it very differently. Some take a relatively sensible approach to what they're doing, and by nature of the wildcatter some just can't help themselves and hot rod the heck out of them.

I know this cause I was once one of them. I'd push em to the edge and thensome. Not real smart on my part, bout the only thing I ever did that was smart was to keep my mouth shut and not tell people about some of the crazy stuff I was doing.

And yeah I've worn out my share of barrels, 8 alone on one rifle and the #'s will escalate to about 3x that if I counted all including the ones I didn't run from start to finish.

Guess my point is it's fun to talk about this ballistic gack (when we can't be on the hill hunting), and it's especially fun to do so in a civil manner.

But, when people come on here and start talking about some crazy kinds of #'s people from the Fire are and will take note and call em on it. It's pretty easy to fool those that ride the pine but those that are in the game is another story. So, if someone comes in full of P&V telling us about a 25/06AI @ 3920 and a 6AI @ 4100 something people will notice and say something.

Now people could come back in a civil manner and offer to cuss and discuss it, but by reacting with insults name calling and other acts of poor behavior it gets a bit old...

Lastly, I will say that I am a believer in there being fast and slow barrels. But, some of the #'s being tossed about have a very high probablility of being attained by clocks giving poor readings, perhaps some really fast tubes that are being redlined and of course toss in a bit of male machismo and viola you have some nutso #'s.

As for the person who choose to act like your basic 6 year old I'd be more than welcome to meeting him at the range some hot August night and seeing how his rigs run. I'll be the one bringing the hammer and the one stepping off a bit while he drops the hammer... wink

And someone also mentioned the idea of running some of the data thru quick load, that'd be kind of an interesting idea. I had MtMarine help me while back with my 338 WSM and some of the loads I was running he said looked kool and some he said you might wanna back off a bit. Not a perfect solution I know but it wouldn't hurt to run them just the same.

Dober (aka dummer as Lassie renamed me... :o)

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy