Keith,

Very civil reply.

I guess you can color me cautious when it comes to my handloading. I do not like being a "test pilot" for how many over pressure (SAAMI) loads a standard action can withstand until it gives out. I just read the thread referencing rifles blowing up. It was interesting. I have an engineering degree (aerospace) and have been flying airplanes older than most folks on the forum so I know a thing or two about metal fatigue. I know I don't like it! I will also be the first to admit that I do not play with wildcats. My one and only venture is a 338-08 (now the 338 Federal) and there was a lot of loading data already available.

I just get concerned when folks with lots of experience in wildcatting post a load that is way over-book. Some putz is going to try that load in a standard 25-06 and hurt himself. I know, I know, it is Darwin at work but overall it is not a good thing. I have flown aircraft in all conditions and have a lot of experience landing on aircraft carriers. It is not for the non-trained pilot to attempt though.

I guess we can just leave it that my mind is closed to pushing the envelope in handloading. That is the way I want it and the way it will stay. Have a good evening my friend!

RH