Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
NYH1,

There's not a guy from the Fire who would not say that the most important thing you can do is hunt with your children, and you are doing that with your son.

You may want to show him the hunting pictures on this thread, and see if he is interested in going. I think we'll be doing this for some years and it would be beyond great if the two of you could join the hunt.

Something for all of us to look forward to.

Steve

He looks at pic's on this site as well as others. He not only watches, but records hunting shows on the DVR box. We went hog hunting quite a few times this summer. Thought we were going to get one the last time we went. We went to the range last Saturday to sight in my new Remington 7600 Carbine 30-06 Spr. He brought his Ruger 10-22 with the Leupold 2-7x28mm Rimfire Scope he saved his money to get two years ago. My wife and I said we'd pay half so he saved his money. He went through 4 boxes of CCI Stingers that day.

I was having trouble with my 30-06. I made some changes Sunday. Today I picked him up from school and we went back to the range. Got my 30-06 figured out, gotta fine tune it a tad but it's getting there. He went through 3 more boxes of Stingers. He shoots out to 100 yards and is pretty good at that range, he has the correct hold over. He tried shooting the 200 yard target but it was a little to far lol. My wife and I are getting him a Marlin 336Y 30-30 Win. (short 12" LOP stock, 16.25" barrel) to go with his 10-22 and 870 Jr. model 20 ga. (12" LOP stock, 18.5" vent rib barrel). We're helping him start his collection early!

NYH1! wink

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!