If they only knew the backside of me was covered in mud. When I fell into those wet leaves and mud down by the creek,it was the best I felt all morning. I think you and George were Springer Spaniels in another life. You boys hurt me bad. After 6 Alleve,I'm starting to get some feeling back in one of my legs. I thoroughly enjoyed that morning's hunt with you gents. Especially the part when it ended...downhill,on a road a ambulance could get to. I best get in shape to play with you fellas next year. Lesson learned. Thank you. Throwing away 7 1/2 pounds of peanut M&Ms this morning should give you some idea how serious I am.

Steve...didn't think you could outdo yourself from last year's gathering. I was wrong. In spite of some old friends I truly missed not being in camp,the first-timers did a fantastic job of filling some respected veteran footprints and coming across as guys who've been on these hunts from day one.

Pat...Chris right now is trying to duplicate your effort of Thursday night and he's been at his smoker since early this morning. I'll give it a taste at 830 when Chris says he'll be serving dinner. I don't know what to say,Pat...you're something special,man!

To all the new guys...it was truly a pleasure. I'd share a camp,and a dinner table,with you gents anytime.

To all the veteran guys who've shared camps with me in the past,you already know what I'm thinking. See you boys next time.

Gunner...please tell your lovely wife that was the best apple butter I ever tasted in my life.

Tom...you and Paul had Sassy laughing and proud. It was a pleasure seeing you again,sir.

Danny Boy...your 338.06 and you are more than ready for Africa. Best to you and Deb this September and I'll be seeing you soon,bro'! Thanks for the cigars and another year of good memories.

Steve and Allen...back to you guys as I'm saving the best for last. Thanks very much. Superb job! You gents raised the bar! Allen...Greg was a fine addition to this year's hunt. It was a pleasure meeting him.

I'm in for next year!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward