Originally Posted by Techsan
I didn't know all Alaskan big game can be legally hunted year round. That is pretty cool.

Not all game. But you can hunt something (BG), all year in AK.

What seems to get missed in TX vs AK comparos is that AK is an immense wilderness. If you have the means and will, you have an outdoor paradise at your disposal. The land, wilderness, and opportunities are out there if you make it happen. Its all up to you.

Texas has fun and sun, but unless you own a big-ass ranch you are dependent on someone else. You need access. Even if you own a ranch, more than likely it pales in comparison to the public land in many western states... and AK is the grand-daddy of all for those with gumption.

Got a buddy with a ranch in Texas. I declined last year's trip for pig shootin'. They got quad-wheelers and a chopper for fun. I plan to go next time for fun and sun. Wouldn't mind doing some coastal fishing too. But it sure as hell won't be a wilderness experience. More like springbreak for grownups.

Another buddy has a fishing charter in AK. When not fishing, he's a hunting fool. Haven't figured out when/what I'll hunt up there with him but it probably won't involve feeders or fences of any sort, no matter how far spread grin

After spending a little bit of time in AK and TX, I'd have to say TX does hold a veddy slight edge in one area... good looking women grin . Met more than a few women in AK that are tougher than the average man down here eek!

Jason