Originally Posted by RevMike

Glad to see you're still gettin' after it, G.

ya!

I turned 65 yesterday 12/21!

When asked by family members what I want for my birthday, I always say, I want to be hunting on my birthday! Luckily they understand and make allowances.
I've had a wonderful week.I went to my deer lease last Saturday and enjoyed being in "deer camp" through my birthday.
Tuesday night I had gone to one of my "stands" that is approximately two miles from camp and 1/2 mile off the road. It is approachable by foot or four-wheeler only due to the nature of the terrain. I sat for a couple of hours and since I had not seen much, decided to head back. It was about 45 minutes before dark. I packed up and loaded up the 4-wheeler and took off for camp. I got about 20 yds. and my ATV conked out. No bueno!
Well, no cell signal and no radio this trip. So its hoof it back with a 25 lb. pack that does not have a good suspension system and a 9 lb. rifle. To make matters worse I was wearing a pair of soft soled rubber boots that are about 2 sizes too big. I usually use them to slip on and off when climbing out of my camper when its rainy and muddy out. Anywho, it took me about 45 minutes to walk "uphill in the snow fighting bears and alligators at every turn" Only had to stop once to take a breather. Made it back with daylight to spare.

[Linked Image]

At 65 I have come to the conclusion and acceptance that I am not as good, even once, as I ever was!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.