mtcurman;
That's a good looking rifle and nicely done photo with the burn in the background. We've learned to use burns quite effectively for hunting over the years and once the smoke has gone view them as a good thing overall.

Anyway sir a few pages back I posted a photo of my old school coyote bomber built on a 98, so I thought I'd show you and the 'Fire my latest project as it stands this morning - a "new school" coyote and rock bomber so to speak.

[Linked Image]

It's a Ruger American standard model in .223 with the 1:8 twist barrel along with a Bushnell 3200 10X on top. The scope, paint and cheesecloth wrap on the barrel are fresh as of this morning so I can't report on that yet.

So far with the first 6X Leupold I had on it, initial testing seems to indicate it wants to shoot bullets of at least 60gr. I picked up the last box of 75gr Hornady Match in the "big" store up the valley, so that's the eventual goal for this rifle to launch at coyotes and misbehaving rocks this winter.

Anyway mtcurman, all the best to you and your family and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 08/29/14.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"