Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Wow, nice rifle & EXCELENT price !!!

Here's a web image of the rifle I bought for my wife, as a 24th Anniversary present, last September.

Mounted an other 2-7 x redfield on it & she shot 2 deer with it in the season just past !!

Savage model 11 Lady Hunter - 7mm-08

Oiled American walnut stock & accutrigger, 20"bbl & "lady specific stock & LOP.

[Linked Image]

Dead deer pics to follow.

Ha, ha, she's still making me take her on an Alaskan cruise & land tour this August, for our 25th !!

Paul.

What's not to like,
a wife that shoots, beauty, accuracy and a 7mm-08 to boot. Sound like life is good.
You'd get bored if I started posting pix of the stuff I've killed with 7-08. Out of the 57 different chamberings I have loaded for, it is one of my all time fav's.

As to the Savage, I've owned a number. I've stated on more than one occasion, if the only thing I was interested in was accuracy, all my rifles would be Savage. And that is not a put down. I'm about to pull the trigger on a American Classic in 250 Savage.

I think you'll love the Alakan cruise. We sure did.
We did the "inner passage" Alaskan Cruise in '08 for our 30th. We got a "view" cabin where we could sit out and watch the shoreline as we went up. I took a couple cameras (w/ telephoto lenses) Leica 10 x 40's and a Leupold Spotting Scope. Started in Vancouver and made about a half dozen stops the circled the glaciers at College Fjord. Had a ball. Did it in mid July so we could see the salmon spawn, bears and eagles. I can't tell you how many bears, whales, porpoise and eagles we saw. The landscape, mountains, clouds and watefalls are breathtaking. This flatlander loved it. Hopefully you will too.

Ketchhikan

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Juneau

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Near Anchorage

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/alaska/DSCN1246_zpsf4ce2c1f.jpg[/img]

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.