Originally Posted by 1Nut
Nice, G-dub. Been eyeing a Nosler myself.

Nut,

I'm a gun slut. Don't usually do customs, as one rarely makes a profit on a custom. I enjoy buying rifles pre-enjoyed at a value. IMHO, though butt ugly, the Steyr Pro-hunter line are probably the best value out there at the moment. They have an excellent two stage trigger, that can be adjusted to a set trigger IIRC correctly, and each of the 5 I own shoot sub-inch groups at 100 yds. I purchased each between $550 and $750.

Having said that, I've owned three Nosler rifles. Two M48 Custom Sporters and this Nosler Patriot that I bought here from JG Raider, when he was sluffing it off. It is boringly accurate and is chambered for the 7mm-08 cartridge (one of my fav's). It and a Steyr Mountain rifle in 308 Win. have become my go-to inclement weather rifles when I expect shots to be 200 yds. or under

[Linked Image]

We don't do much spot and stalk hunting due to the nature of the terrain. Most guys here hunt out of box blinds. I prefer to sit on the side of a hill or in an open air quad-pod or tri-pod. As was the case this last Tuesday, sometimes the air is thick with liquid sunshine! I luv the warmth of wood, but.........

If it is nasty out and I'm gonna stretch it out a bit, the M48 Custom Sporter in 325 WSM is a porker perforator for sure.

[Linked Image]

A few days before Christmas I had the opportuntity to employ the M48 Custom Sporter. I Waited till two of these critters lined up and nailed these two @ 175 yds. I'm not the best shot, but IMHO, it sure helps to have ultimate confidence in one's rifle. With my Noslers, that be the case!

On the flip side, there are numerous threads here one can read where folks denigrate the Nosler rifles.

Quien Sabe!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/29/16.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.