Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by mtcurman
FrankenMausers rock..... grin

mtcurman;
I trust this finds you well so far this year and your coyote calling has led to some shooting and hitting too. wink

Way, way back when the local mountains were still pointy - maybe 2 decades I guess it must be now, I built this thing to shoot Okanagan coyotes.

It's an old school wartime 98 with a Wolff Blitzschnell mainspring, Timney trigger, Ruger 77 follower and spring, somebodies after market safety, a reworked $20 stock from a S&W rifle and a No. 4 contour 26" Douglas Premium Air Gauged 1 in 14" twist chambered in .22-.250AI.

[Linked Image]

I would heartily recommend not building a short AI on a 98 action - to anyone whether I liked them or not..... laugh

Anyway, it's old school alright, but a lot of coyotes died out in front of it over the years.

All the best to you and yours mtcurman.

Dwayne

That's a cool looking ol' rifle Dwayne! I wanted to make my Mauser either a Swift or a .22-250 when I first got, but now that I have the Sako, I'm glad I left the Mauser 8x57.. I haven't been calling as much as usual, I've been trying to get some traps out, but the snow's awful deep and the coyotes are mainly hanging around the ranches, or running the rivers and roads.. I'll git 'em, one way or another.. smile Hope you and your's have a great 2014!

Ben