Sorry to hear that some of the valued friends can’t be there this year.

Put us down for the coffee (6 lbs of Folger's classic roast) as long as nobody wants decaf. The label says that amount of grounds will provide 400 cups (12 oz) of coffee. Does somebody have a BIG coffee maker? If black isn't OK, bring some condiments to suit your taste. Remember to pack your own coffee mug.

We are blessed with a few hard-working chickens. We will bring about two dozen eggs fresh from the coop, and 3 dozen from the grocery store, which should cover the egg needs for one of the breakfasts. Any youngster who wants can have blue / green eggs. The new coop is nearly finished, but the new birds are still wearing training bras, too young for egg production. They will go into the coop before we leave for Armijo Springs. Making their coop predator-proof has been challenging. We have coyotes, hawks, racoons, skunks, mountain lions, stray dogs and other assorted critters that would love a fresh chicken dinner. Judicious predator control as authorized by NM G & F with high velocity (EPA-friendly) methods has somewhat diminished their numbers in the past several years.

Niki is making 40 gluten-free brownies, which usually only serves one, but I will back off until everyone else has had a chance.

We will bring 2 folding tables, 4 chairs, two friendly dogs on leashes, a two-burner Coleman stove and a full water tank with the trailer. Due to space limitations I will bring only a small load of BS; although quality counts more here than quantity, it appears that the good stuff is history and I will just bring whatever is still around.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.