Julia and I made it safely home - back to El Paso.

Ben, it was also 102° here in El Paso and I had the very same thought. The weather sure was nice in Army Joe.

Many thanks to everyone for setting up all the great eats and shooting events. Julia had a blast and she especially enjoyed the Bowling Pin Shoot, even if "Evil" Joe (first-timer Joe J.) did beat her by a single second, but he paid for it when Julia kicked him in the leg... She was very happy to have some girls her age to run around with as well.

I wanted to extend a sincere and special thanks to Paul for Quarterbacking the event; to Gene and Miles for their special kindness and incredible generosity towards my daughter; to Jeff for the great breakfasts; to Joe D. for the chili and beans; and to Dennis for the steaks, even if Julia and I inadvertently used a piece of your mesquite - apologies.

I enjoyed the great conversation, especially with Tracy, Brian, Mark and others.

Gene, Julia and I wish you a speedy recovery. We enjoyed your Cowboy Songs on the drive home.

Miles, I'm gonna' have to keep that honey under lock and key. Julia has already asked me about it three times - she was worried I left it behind. I really enjoyed seeing your Howell .280 RCBS as well. That's surely a beautiful rifle - thanks for showing it to me.

Mark, I enjoyed seeing your collection as well, but next year, you should probably bring more firearms.

Ken, I'll swing by next week to pick up that M&P for the agreed upon price: $1.00.

Another excellent get together and we're already looking forward to next year!

Last edited by High_Noon; 08/06/18.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue