Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Gentlemen and Ladies,

After some serious health issues in the early spring were successfully resolved, I recovered enough that that I felt capable of accepting part-time employment as a driver for a non-emergency medical transport company. I drive a large wheelchair van that provides transportation for seniors, mostly, to get them to Dr's appointments, cancer treatments, and kidney dialysis. I cover parts of 3 counties, and drive from 200 to 260 miles a day. The company is a first-class operation, the vans and equipment are first-rate and kept immaculate, and the family-run operation is one that I am proud to work with. The patients are almost all nice people, and very appreciative of our services.

Due to a shortage of qualified drivers, I have been working full-time, although my agreement with them is that I desire to work a set route for about 6 hours a day, 3 days a week. Once more drivers are onboard I intend to throttle back to part-time. I have promised my employers full-availability through the summer, but I told them on day one that I would be on vacation the last 2 weeks of February for my annual trip to Arizona for Tonto Basin, and to visit my family members in Phoenix and the elderly aunt in the dementia home in Tucson that I am responsible for.

You are a good man. A Very Good Man.

I am sad to report that my dog, "Scout", passed away this spring at the age of 15, so she will not be making her usual appearance.
I had her since she was an 8-week-old pup, and she was a great traveling companion. She had logged over 50,000 miles in the RV, and had made all 4 Campfire gatherings with me. We still have 2 dogs at home now, but they are more my wife's dogs than mine. I freely admit to being a dog-lover.

Milo

We still have photos of Scout from the Tonto Basin. My daughters loved her. Thank you for those wonderful moments.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe