We came back the same way, across via Socorro, which was easier driving, though somewhat less scenic than up by El Malpais, and possibly a bit faster.

I was glad to have my son Robert along, since he did all the work in setting up and taking down our heavy tent, and he did almost all the driving.

I too commend the hugely helpful firearms instruction and supervision by High Noon and Ranger Green for the kids.

Both Robert and especially Mary found it so easy to learn and they absorbed the safety rules attentively to an extent that I as father could not possibly have impressed on them as well.

Sunday, as almost everyone had packed up, Mary was still asking me if she could shoot some more!

I wondered why my bill at The Gathering Place in Pietown was so high. Then, this morning, I noticed several more pies in the refrigerator that Megumi had sneaked out when I wasn't looking! Glad they enjoyed them.

I'd be remiss if I did not acknowledge all the great stories and good company, since I do greatly look forward to that. Yes, some great members couldn't make it this time –– and they were missed –– but other picked up the slack so well that I felt I barely got a word in edgewise! I do enjoy the insights and I pick up so much from others' experiences.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).