Gentlemen and Ladies,

I have been away from the Campfire most of the time in the last few months. I just found this thread and read it all the way through. As I read each entry, I could see all your faces, and hear your voices. Especially Bob (Kaywoodie), who has at least 5 or 6 distinctively different "voices". It makes me both happy and sad to read about the preparations. I know it will be another great gathering of fine folks.

Like Kaywoodie, many factors make it impossible for me to attend this year's Armijo Springs gathering. The time and distance for the trip from Northern California is one factor. My presence last year was possible because I was able to route my cross-country travels through New Mexico at the right time. I thoroughly enjoyed being with you all last summer. Seeing so many friends from my 3 Tonto Basin experiences was a real treat. And making new friends that don't make it to the Arizona gathering was well worth the effort to get there.

After some serious health issues in the early spring were successfully resolved, I recovered enough that that I felt capable of accepting part-time employment as a driver for a non-emergency medical transport company. I drive a large wheelchair van that provides transportation for seniors, mostly, to get them to Dr's appointments, cancer treatments, and kidney dialysis. I cover parts of 3 counties, and drive from 200 to 260 miles a day. The company is a first-class operation, the vans and equipment are first-rate and kept immaculate, and the family-run operation is one that I am proud to work with. The patients are almost all nice people, and very appreciative of our services.

Due to a shortage of qualified drivers, I have been working full-time, although my agreement with them is that I desire to work a set route for about 6 hours a day, 3 days a week. Once more drivers are onboard I intend to throttle back to part-time. I have promised my employers full-availability through the summer, but I told them on day one that I would be on vacation the last 2 weeks of February for my annual trip to Arizona for Tonto Basin, and to visit my family members in Phoenix and the elderly aunt in the dementia home in Tucson that I am responsible for.

Another factor is that my faithful RV that has become a bit of a landmark at Tonto Basin is loaned out to a family member as temporary housing, and not available to me for the time being. Many of you that can be there, can expect to see me and the RV at Tonto Basin next February, Lord willing.

I am sad to report that my dog, "Scout", passed away this spring at the age of 15, so she will not be making her usual appearance.
I had her since she was an 8-week-old pup, and she was a great traveling companion. She had logged over 50,000 miles in the RV, and had made all 4 Campfire gatherings with me. We still have 2 dogs at home now, but they are more my wife's dogs than mine. I freely admit to being a dog-lover.

My warmest regards to all of you. I look forward to reports of the activity and pictures. I am glad many kids will be there. I am truly sorry that I won't be. Everybody travel safe and have a wonderful time.

PS: Ask Judy what I said about Ken's shadow, on Facebook. Then if the sun is shining you can look at Ken and his shadow, and see if what I said isn't true! (Ha, Ha, Ken. I miss you guys. Stay healthy).

Milo

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra