After 21 years in the Air Force, I honestly could have cared less if I handled another M16A2 or M4 again in my life. I became a contractor last July (no my company doesn't carry weapons) and when I went home on R&R, my son enlisted in the Army National Guard, and asked if we could build an AR together. I decided I would and have everything ready for him when he returns home from AIT in the fall. My youngest son, plays the video games where they shoot each other up and I have not had any luck trying to get him to shoot real guns with me. I thought maybe the AR build with the older son, would be two fold and I could get the youngest to go shoot the real deal with me. I prefer bolt action rifles and nice shotguns. Had my son not asked to build an AR, I would have rather spent the money on a new bolt gun in .280 AI and a new 28 gauge for grouse and ptarmigan hunting.

That being said, I have two co-workers that one retired AF and the other did 6 years and got out. Neither one of them deployed while on AD, but all they talk about are AR this and AR that. It's quite boring to be honest with you hearing them talk about having 8 plus AR's all in the same caliber. Oh well, they shoot and support the 2nd Amendment, so that's good.

Last edited by Hudge; 06/12/19.