Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Who's land did you guys hunt on when you were young ? When I started there was unposted private property all over the place to hunt and yes I hunted it. So did a lot of other selfish pricks who now have property of their own and won't let anybody hunt other than family or close friends. It's no wonder young folks aren't getting into the sport these days. You want to know why ? Just look in the mirror.

God forbid a man buys himself some land and doesn’t let every swinging dick on it as they see fit. No need to help pay taxes, help maintain the land or give anything back to the man who pays those bills.

I guess all private landowners are a bunch of selfish ässholes. 🙄

More likely they are just tired of free losers trashing their land and I don’t blame them. Funny you talk about having trouble getting access to private lands to hunt as I haven’t had that problem. Of course I always say thank you, offer to help out around the place and always send a thank you card and a gift after the fact. Funny enough I have always been welcomed back and formed solid friendships with many of these folks.

Just got back a few weeks ago from a great permit spring bear hunt here in WA where I had the run of several thousand acres of private posted land chock full of bears. Hell the land owners bought US pizza and beer one night, chopped brisket and sides the next and steak and taters another night!

I got home and promptly sent a thank you card with gift cards for the lady of the ranch to have a spa day with her friend and the man of the house got a new pair of Meopta 10x42’s as he’s a typical farmer and won’t spend money on good glass.

Got a heartfelt thanks for my generosity and an invite back any time I want. Guess it helps to give back to the farmers and nurture those relationships.

Probably a lesson/clue for you in my post somewhere but I doubt you’ll ever learn it
Geezus you're as stupid as these other jackwagons on here. I never said I have trouble getting permission to hunt on private land you idiot. In fact I have permission on several tracts spanning 6 Counties in upstate NY. [b]I also have several million acres of State land to hunt here and I'm no stranger to it. Who's land did you hunt on when you first started out ?
[/b]

What’s your bitch? Several million acres of State land you can hunt...Hunt away and be happy without the taste of sour wine on your breath...

I hunt 80% diy BLM land...20% Private land with diy accessibility to all with a willingness to hike in to hunt the property.

Private land only has an appeal to me for upland bird or varmint hunting...Like Mallard pointedly posted. I too never had a problem cultivating relationships with land owners. I show appreciation to them with my wallet and well thought out gifting of hunting gear or smoked fish that isn’t easily obtained in their part of the State.

Try being nice to a land owner for a change...SMFH 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”