Originally Posted by Dogshooter
AGAIN.....

What are YOU doing about it?
There isn't much I can do about it. The die is cast. Most of the land is owned or leased by hunters who've bought into the "raise a trophy of my very own" dogma.. You know back when I started I didn't know or even hear another hunter talk about B&C score or "let em go so they can grow". QDM wasn't even thought about. Nobody thought shooting a monster buck would make them a rock star or make their dick bigger. Folks just hunted for fun/recreation/meat and if they killed a big one fine but any legal buck was considered a good buck. In other words, they didn't place big value on inches of antler. That being the case, Bob didn't care if Chuck hunted on his land because Bob was hunting over on Dan's land. It was so much better and more fun for everybody that way. Nobody was stuck hunting the same old ground all the time. As for whether I have taken anyone hunting lately. I have been taking my young nephews the last couple years because their father works 70 hours a week and doesn't have the time. They are raring to go and I can't bear to see them sit home while the seasons pass them by. A kid with the fire in them aught to be able to hunt as much as they want.

Last edited by Blackheart; 06/15/19.