Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Tacticool guns exist to amuse me.

The youngsters take them to the local range in droves. They can't hit anything they aim at. They give their buddies a poke by pointing out the old fart (me) with the flintlock is out shooting them. I don't enjoy the lateral blast from the flash suppressor when they sit at adjacent benches. Mindless fools they are. Sufficiently annoyed I will pull out the .45-70 or if uber annoyed, the .416 Rigby and pop a few caps. They leave, I laff and carry on.

Well aren't you just the bad a$$ at the range.. give me a ph ucking break..

No, I won't give you a break sweetheart. Work on your sense of humor a bit and get back in touch.

Oh yeah, how much trigger time do you have with a M16 or M4?

I shot one couple yrs back.. at 25yds my bud said I did pretty good..

Well, alrighty!

My point is in line with lvmiker's post a couple after your last. There's a lot of younger types out there that love to strut and give little thought to doing that well with firearms. I dunno if tacticool gets their heart to racing or what, but I've not seen but one or two out maybe 500 over the last few years that could hit a bull in the ass with a bass fiddle....at any range. I have helped a few that were receptive get back on track and after the fact they were very much more enthused, knowing that a) their gun was reasonably zeroed and b) they could hit paper out to 100 yards with consistency. The benches at the range I visit now and again are close, maybe 6' spacing and I'm being generous with that estimate. The blast from a flash suppressor with knock paper, pencils and sometimes brass off the bench. They are clueless about what they are doing and I do on occasion return the favor. Maybe they learn something? Like you know, there's 50 benches and only 14 are occupied, mebbe they ought not park next to someone just because they can? I haven't done it often, but I have made my point with large bore guns because I'm working on load development or some other quasi important thing and don't need the distraction of someone trying to pretend they have a full auto gun.

I don't have anything that would qualify as tactical in my locker unless you want to include an old M1 Carbine and I don't shoot it often at all. That said, I don't object to the tacticool idea and if people want to bust caps with such things I say "Go Daddy, GO!".

The reason I don't feel the need is my history with the M16. I toted one during most of the course of 2.5 years in Nam, interspersed with forays with the CAR15 and M3. I shot them enough to recognize they were all top drawer combat arms, and beyond that I have no interest in ever pulling the trigger on one of them again. Year one was the most intense for my use of such things and I shot that one enough to make about 8" of rifling from the breech end of the barrel vanish.

Google up some history about the A Shau Valley or maybe Khe Sanh, they were my playground for the most part. Some of my buddies are still there and I remember them on days such as this.

I'm in the Army 21yrs, getting ready to drop my retirement. So I been around m16a2 m4 carbine etc. I never had a use for one until last December I wanted to shoot out to a 1000 yds and what a better way than with a 223/5.56. I been collecting data/load development etc. I been shooting in 600yd matches and a EIC match as well.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.