Originally Posted by comerade
As a hunter I want a light sleek rifle with a flush magazine . A single shot rifle is even more compact, leverguns are easy to carry all day .
An AR is too awkward to carry on a horse, they are not sleek and all the projections would catch on brush etc while hunting.
I often carry two rounds, both in the magazine ready for use with my repeaters. The balance are in the pack. It works well.
So, is the tactical wave a way to increase sales in an industry that is serving a smaller hunting community? Is it all for those that like a follow trends? Is it defined by age? If it is driven by those that play games of violent shooting on their computer or ultra violent movies , we are all in trouble, imo
My guess is that the real professionals, ex serviceman who used them in warfare have little interest in them as civilians.
I would like to hear from( more) ex military types and how they feel about this trend. Curious, folks.

comerade,

For many shooting is fun. When I was working, myself and several co-workers/vets got together twice a month to train, mostly w/ ARs and handguns. We have a lot of interesting terrain here and would set up courses of fire w/ targets from 3 yards-400 yards requiring movement and a variety of positions and solutions. Shot timers were frequently used and the competition was good natured but fierce and everyone worked hard to improve and learn new TTPs. I typically arrived w/ at least 2 ARs and 2 Glocks and a short ton of ammo. These were 6-8 hour affairs and we had a ball as well as improving a lot of skills.

The world of "defensive" shooting has evolved massively since 9/11 and "real world" standards are no longer opinions or theories but factual methods developed and proven in the most unforgiving of crucibles. What actually works is now knowledge available to all and attainable to some degree if that sort of thing interests you and you are willing to put in the effort.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 06/13/19.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC