Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Who's land did you hunt on when you first started out ?

I’ve hunted a combo of state and private posted land my entire life. Every piece of private I’ve ever been able to hunt going back to my start at 9 years old is land I got permission on myself.

My father and grandfather taught me to hunt and also to be responsible to the landowners. They never once knocked on a door for me, nor did they spend their summers bucking hay, fixing fences or other general chores to ensure my continued access. Nope they taught my the value of that access and left the sweat equity up to me!

Never once did I get upset that someone told me no as I was and am damn sure they have their reasons and again it’s their land and not mine. But like I said I give back to them however I can to show my appreciation and the invites continue year to year.

But unlike yourself I don’t expect handouts or someone to allow me access to something that isn’t mine as your posts seem to indicate you do!

By your rationale no one should have a bank account either. Just get paid in cash and keep it on your porch for everyone to take as they see fit.

No as normal the moron here is YOU!
Geezus christ another idiot reading shyt into my posts that isn't there ! What a surprise. The point is, you didn't need to get permission to hunt private land back when I started because not everybody was a selfish ass hole and posted their land. My biggest decision back then was where I wanted to go out of the dozens of unposted farms/tracts of land. Trophy hunters who are afraid somebody else might shoot their big buck on their property are the biggest reason most of it got posted over the years.