Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

If you owned private property,would you manage for bigger deer? Would you open it up to strangers or save it for family and friends?
No I would not manage for bigger deer. I could have posted my grandfathers farm 45 years ago but did not. I hunted it for many years right along with dozens of friends, neighbors, relatives and strangers. I do own a small parcel of land now and it is not posted. I have come home from work and as soon as I pulled in the driveway saw an orange clad hunter perched on a log in my woods 100 yards from the house. I went up and introduced myself. Told the guy I didn't care if he sat there so long as he didn't shoot in the direction of the house.

Very, very weird. Getting to know poachers?
Where the fugg did your stupid ass get that ? Goddammit you're a f^cktard. And a mouthy little bastard too. I guess you must be the type who would fish the aquarium at Bsss Pro and have that 15 pound bass proudly displayed on your living room wall. About like the Texans that are all proud of those purposely fed and raised "managed" ranch bucks. Most of those ass holes couldn't find a spikehorn to shoot on public land.

I know where he got that. This quote ." I have come home from work and as soon as I pulled in the driveway saw an orange clad hunter perched on a log in my woods 100 yards from the house. I went up and introduced myself. Told the guy I didn't care if he sat there so long as he didn't shoot in the direction of the house. "
By definition, that's a poacher in this state. He MUST have written permission in his pocket before he sets up to hunt in this state. It MUST be specific to the property, the year/season must be marked, and it must be signed by BOTH of you. He must be able to produce it by demand to any game officer. Anything less, and he IS a poacher. I usually have a land owner sign off for each hunter in our group, in 2 years groups (so I'm legal this year, and next year, so I don't need to bother him without need). But he must sign the permission slips for every single hunter, even when hunting as a group.
So, if he shows up uninvited, on your land, without your written approval to show, he is in clear violation of the law (at least locally. And weither or not you approve. )

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~