Originally Posted by shaman
I have to stand with Kellory on this one. A letter of permission is nowadays a requirement in Ohio. In KY, it can be verbal.

LANDOWNER PERMISSION

A person shall not enter upon the lands of another to shoot, hunt, trap, fish or for other wildlife-related recre-ational purposes without the verbal or written permission of the landowner, tenant, or person who has authority to grant permission. Those who fail to obtain permission are subject to arrest and prosecution.Railroad tracks and rights-of-way are privately owned property and per-mission to hunt, trap or fish must be ob-tained prior to entry.Landowners are under no obliga-tion to allow hunters to retrieve game or hunting dogs from their property

As a landowner, I'm pleased with this state of affairs. I limit access to just my family and a few friends. It isn't about hoarding all the big bucks either. It's about safety. We all know where we are going to be hunting. We all know when the others in our party are moving and where they are going. If a poacher were to get on the property during one of our hunts, there could be grief. I was on my way out with Mooseboy to go turkey hunting one day, and got sprayed by a poacher shooting at turkeys in the middle of our property. The poacher had been told to stay off already.

Agreed. When we hunt as a group, we all know where each member will be, and his field of fire. We use aerial maps of the property to make sure this is clear.
Any unknown shooter on the property is by definition, a loose cannon, and can do more harm than good.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~