Barak,

You don't see the "Big Picture", If we wait we will have a life threatening war on our hands. Maybe Iraq probably dosen't have the capabilities as of right now to be a threat or the U.S. but what about tomorrow? Give them time and it will happen I would bet my next paycheck on it in a heart beat! We would probably put in a Military run Goverment if we defeated Saddam, while the country was weak and open to other leaders like him, but you cannot tell me this is an act of imperialism. But in a short while the country could have elections and be able to FREELY elect what ever type of Goverment and leaders they wanted, without fear of their lives. You cannot have a free election if the people voting know they will be killed if they don't vote a certain way! Nor can you have a free and true election if your leader has henchmen stuffing a ballot box. You would know if you have ever been in another country, that people cannot express themselves like we do. Why? Because their goverment would kill them. I can only say you would have to be in another country like this to know, unless you are open minded enough to see this and from what I gather you aren't. You cannot be a supporter with out supporting the reason we have troops over there, the only thing you are doing is putting shame into their minds like the anti-war citizens did in the 60's and 70's. I know because I was on that end of the stick then and will suffer from now to my death because of it along with thousands of other that served then. I just hope these people that done this back then are open minded enough now to see what they done then and support this action now. If not I hope it will be on their conscious for the duration of their lives as well. This is hard for me to say and probably shouldn't but I have and if you are guilty of this, then you know how I feel about you.

Last edited by 7400Hunter; 02/25/03.

Jim Croce: You don't tug on Superman's cape, spit into the wind ...