If we wait we will have a life threatening war on our hands. Maybe Iraq probably dosen't have the capabilities as of right now to be a threat or the U.S. but what about tomorrow? Give them time and it will happen I would bet my next paycheck on it in a heart beat!

Yep, I've heard this before. When I think about it, though, it falls through. Iraq may have the capability to threaten the US at some point in the future, and because we think that if they had the capability they might make the threats, we have to pulverize them right now--but we're conveniently ignoring Red China and North Korea, both of which a) have the capability to threaten us, and b) have actually done so in so many words. Why are we going after Iraq and not China or North Korea? Whatever the real reason is, it obviously can't be because they're at the top of our threat priority list.

We would probably put in a Military run Goverment if we defeated Saddam, while the country was weak and open to other leaders like him, but you cannot tell me this is an act of imperialism.

No offense intended, but I can and I did. If somebody invaded America and set up a puppet government while they forced the population through a political indoctrination program, I'd call that imperialism, and I suspect you would too. I have to be fair...

But in a short while the country could have elections and be able to FREELY elect what ever type of Goverment and leaders they wanted, without fear of their lives.

They'll be given a slate of leaders to pick from who all support the US government--exactly the same way we are every four years.

You would know if you have ever been in another country, that people cannot express themselves like we do. Why? Because their goverment would kill them.

Do you know why Jose Padilla is in prison? Because he (an American) expressed himself in a way the US government didn't like. We don't have to go overseas to find repressive governments.

You cannot be a supporter with out supporting the reason we have troops over there, the only thing you are doing is putting shame into their minds like the anti-war citizens did in the 60's and 70's.

That depends on what you mean. I can appreciate and admire a Remington 870 slide-action riot shotgun, while still deploring the way Officer David Hawn used it to shoot a Mexican kid in the back while he lay face down on the floor with his hands cuffed. I can understand the beauty and craftsmanship of a Remington 700 heavy-barrel bolt-action rifle in 308Win, and still be horrified by the way Agent Lon Horiuchi shot Vicki Weaver in the face with it as she held her baby in the doorway of her house. Similarly, I can be inspired by the training, might, and magnificence of the United States Armed Services at the same time that I'm appalled at the arrogance, hubris, and corruption of its Commander in Chief.

As to the shame in their minds, that's a decision for them to make, not me. If they can defend their actions, then what I think doesn't make any difference. If they go ahead and do things they're ashamed of, then they're the ones soiling their character--and again, what I think doesn't make any difference. That goes for all of us, not just soldiers. If your employer orders you to commit a shameful act, you resign.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867