I gotta admit I'm positively impressed by Baby Bush's decision to withhold Shock & Awe when it looked like it might not be necessary. I didn't expect it from him.

I am, of course, inclined to look at it a bit cynically: it didn't cost him anything, but it'll make him look like a hero when the war's over. But I'm not sure he's smart enough to analyze things like that.

Anyhow, what's important is not what I think Bush wants, or what Bush says he wants, or even what he really does want; but what the Islamic extremists in that part of the world think he wants. And I think they think he wants to colonize Iraq. Further, I think that when he gets done doing to Iraq what he has in mind, it's going to look to them like an American colony. And I think they're not going to like that.

That's what has scared me into spending all kinds of money on TEOTWAWKI supplies.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867