Barak,

I guess you woke up this morning with everything just fine, no attacks on you or family. No worrys thru the night about this either, right? Ever wonder what it would be like to live in a country where you could have awaken to something of this nature? Ever wonder what it would be like to worry about every person approaching your house, whether they may arrest you or family members, to make you work (slave work) in the leaders factorys making mass weapons of destruction under poor safety conditions. Do you know why you don't have to worry about this? I know you are a person with a good education and smart enough to see this. It isn't because you were just merely born, You think this because you never did have to worry, because from the day you were borm you have been protected from it, you now assume it is like that anywhere you go and it is your birth right. The only reason you can have this is thru our country leaders and soldiers protecting these rights. Whether they do it with war or the threat of war it has become their duty to do so, they are obligated by the constitution to uphold it, the same document that gives you these rights as a person living under it.
If we were after Oil as you say, don't you think we would do this in our own back door? We could go to the southern parts of North America and northern South America and obtain all the oil we would ever need, without all the shipping and so forth. Those countrys would be a easy to take as you say Iraq would. We could attack from the north and by sea in a much shorter time span. As far as that goes you can throw that out the door, it isn't the reason. If we were after the land don't you think we would have kept Canada when we won it during the French/Indian wars of the late 1700's. Now, there could be an act of Imperialism, when we fought the American Indians for the land of this country. But now, present day I throw that thought of Imperialism out the door too!! The only reason we are considering the idea of getting Saddam out of Iraq is to protect our rights and others thru out the world. I'm sure Mr. Bush would let Saddam step down and leave the country with the same style of goverment in force, he has offered it as an exception. This tells you right there we are not acting nor implementing Imperialism.
North Korea, give it time and we will have problems there too. Our leaders see it and you do to, but we are only so many and can do only so much. Take care of this item in Iraq and you will see the U.S. confront this problem also. Whether it is thru talks, threatening war or war itself, but bet your a$$ we will see it thru. We cannot let these countrys develop such weapons to threaten the world to get what ever whim they come up with. They would not hesitate to attack others to get things such as oil, land, or food once they have these weapons of mass destruction, this has been proven in the past 40 years with North Korea. They didn't build on the same values we and others have, that are trying to control the WMD.
Barak, you really need to do some reading on this and open your eyes. I'm not trying to change the way you want to be but only make you aware of how you obtain and keep these rights that are given to you from the constutition. Don't confuse them with your birth rights which are worthless without the constutition. We all have gotten comfortable with our living and tend to forget how we get to be this way. They have been won with blood and kept with blood in some occasions and with negotiations on others, regardless we must remember they were not and are not assumed or given freely by no means.

Jim Croce: You don't tug on Superman's cape, spit into the wind ...