Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by SU35
Absolutely not.

This

I like more expansive bullets on our local WT's, chest shooting to save meat. I've killed them with TTSX, but feel that they drop quicker (at least in my experience) with more expansive bullets.

My experience is not too unlike the SC study where similar WT's shot with softer C&C bullets traveled a shorter distance than WT's shot with harder, premium bullets. And among those that traveled, softer bullets left a better blood trail than harder bullets.

https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/...bout-guns-ammo-deer-and-mans-best-friend

DF

Interestingly my buddy shot two small deer recently. Both on the move and both a bit to far back, edge of lungs/liver/paunch. TTSX. Neither one moved other than straight down. I"m just constantly amazed at how quickly TTSX deer die for us. As fast or faster than our 10mm deer do. LOL. But really I've had very few ttsx deer go 50 yards. Most go much less.

That said we are still mostly running target bergers on the deer or Lehigh in the 300/221. I'd switch to ttsx in the 6.5 Creedmoor but the target bergers are doing well. High BC. Pretty flat. Deer usually run 100 yards though.

Don't care for the bomb type damage but folks know that about me already nothing new there. looking for caliber in, less than dime out.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....