Did not read all posts or pages so apologize if what I write reflects that but will give my experience ranging from the original Barnes X to the TSX and TTSX’s.

Original loading with the “X” was soon abandoned because of erratically high pressures and so-so-to-poor accuracy in my and a friend’s rifle. I still question the bullets compositional consistency at this time.

The TSX’s were found to be extremely accurate in a 30/06 and my 340 and 375; took ten plains game in Africa with them in the 168-gr 30 cal and the 270-gr 375 versions. One shot each. Recovered two, one turned askew by brush before hitting the waterbuck, yet still was under the offside hide. The other was stopped by a very stout mare zebra.

The TTSX’s were again very accurate in a 340 and later, in a 284 in both 210-gr and 140-gr’s respectively. About eight bull elk taken between the two also including mule deer, white tails, and black bear. One recovered after entering the mule deer buck head on at the brisket and found near the scrotum. I’m guessing but that was about 4’ feet of penetration.

Recovered TSX (zebra) and TTSX (mule deer) were “classic mushrooms.” Accuracy was excellent including several less than 2” groups (five shots each) at 400 yds with the 284 and several 3-shot (I know, but several) 100 yd 375 groups in the .3’s.

So, yes, sold. But not to the complete exclusion of others.